Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reiki On!

I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to receive my Reiki 2 Attunement tonight. Even though I have been a practitioner of energetic medicine for a few years now...Reiki attunements seem to take my energy practice to another level. I am thrilled to be on this path towards becoming a Reiki Master. ; ) I have my dear Reiki Master to thank for this opportunity. And I also have to thank my mom. One day my mother walked into my room when I was a teenager and taped a sheet of paper to the inside of my bedroom door. She said, "Read this every day". and didn't say too much more about it. I noticed that my brother had one taped to the inside of his bedroom door too. Right on top of one of his girlie posters. Heather Locklear maybe? ; ) I read those words every now and then...certainly not every day...and thought to myself how the message was so simple. It was too simple...and easy to take for granted. I didn't truly appreciate the message and truly internalize it until later in life. When I saw those words again I remembered. That little piece of paper my mother taped to the inside of my bedroom door over 25 years ago read...
  1. Just for today, I will not be angry.
  2. Just for today, I will not worry.
  3. Just for today, I will be grateful.
  4. Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
  5. Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.
These are the 5 Principles of Usui Reiki. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So, Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

More on Reiki tomorrow....

No comments: