Friday, February 27, 2009

Catching up to oneself....

Well, apparently the Snyder's Factory in Goodyear does not do tours/field trips. We'd have to schlepp back to the East Coast for that. So, that goes down on the list of things to do next time we find ourselves out East. : ) Since I was already on the phone that day, I decided to catch up with myself and update all the doctor's visits I have not made in...ummm...years....due to life circumstances like having children. Dentist....Eye Doctor (which I never seemed to have needed in the past)...and the list goes on. I tend to forget to do this for myself in the swirl of children's activities and appointments. While the children are up to date with their dentist check ups...I seem to be a few years behind. Time passes so quickly...when it's time to fill out that form that says "what is the date of your last appt.?" and I can't remember AT ALL...it's too long. In the midst of life, my kids have now outgrown their pediatric dentist and are ready to move on to what they would consider the *boring* offices. The ones without jungles, video games, and toy dispensers. It's almost like a mini rite of passage. One's ready to move on....the other not so much. I think I will feel that same twinge when I step into the Eye doctor's office. I have a suspicion I will be met with a mini rite of passage that I am not altogether ready for yet.....glasses! A new learning experience for me....having had 20/20 vision my entire life....my vision is not what it used to be. I can't imagine wearing contacts due to the fact that somehow they have to actually make contact with my eyes in order to be of any use. I'd imagine that glasses would have to be the way to go if it comes to that. Reiki On! Possibly I can skin through without corrective devices. Enough about me....my next post will be photos of the kids doing what they love to do. : )

No comments: